Kelvin Harmon, Wide receiver, North Carolina State
Measurables: 6'3, 213 lbs
2016: 27 catches, 462 yards, 5 TDs
2017: 69 catches, 1017 yards, 4 TDs
2018: 81 catches, 1186 yards, 7 TDs
- Catching: Has above average hands. Catches it with his hands nicely, but is exceptional at covering the ball with his body in contested situations. Attacks the ball nicely, stopping the defender from having a chance on it. Doesn't make drops, only had 1 off game with 3 drops, yet still dominated in that game.
- Route Running: Smooth release, uses arms violently, and has a second burst in the route. Can run the entire route tree and create separation. Uses his size to out position smaller DBs.
- Blocking: You can just tell he prides himself on doing the small things right. Dominates as a blocker. Excellent technique getting his hands on the defender, drives his feet, willingly adjusts his body to continuously shield the defender.
- Effort: As with the blocking, he never gives up on a ball. I think Nathan Elliott is a terrible QB, which makes it all that more impressive what Harmon has been able to do. And, I keep thinking to myself what he could become with a good QB throwing him the ball.
- Breaks: Doesn't cut on a dime in his routes. Lacks explosiveness in change of direction, primarily because he doesn't bend his hips consistently.
- YAC ability: He will catch what you throw at him, and from time to time he showed some ability to create yards on his own. But, its simply not often enough. Primarily due to his lack of great speed and agility. Lacks "wow" plays because he doesn't make a lot happen on his own.
- Final Thoughts: Harmon is a competitive baller who can run every route, has good hands, and tremendous effort. If he can show good speed at the Combine he might just burst into the 1st round of the Draft.
- Grade: Late 1st, early 2nd
- Pro comparison: Alshon Jeffery, Alshon Jeffery, and Alshon Jeffery
Let us know in the comments what you think about Kelvin Harmon's play, and when you think he'll be drafted.
Listen to The Brew
Your go-to source for original Indianapolis Colts analysis, bringing you up to game-time updates on game-days. Join hosts Aaron Coffey, Alec Usleaman, Alex Griffin, Trace Vaughn & several others as they give their honest and informed thoughts and opinions on the Colts, the NFL and other popular topics.